Sunday, October 5, 2008

MJ's 50th Birthday Party


OK - so me and my best friend at work, Stephanie, have a Michael Jackson paper doll that has kept us entertained for the last 2 and a half years. Michael frequently has commentary on the goings-on of the office and migrates back and forth between our two desks, often with post-its attached detailing his thoughts on any range of topics, usually laced with various Michael-isms, of course ("shamone," "daddy," "P.Y.T.," "hee hee," "owwww!" etc...).

So, when the real Michael Jackson turned 50 in August, OF COURSE we took the opportunity to throw a celebration for our office MJ... and what a celebration it was. I even sent out invites to 4 or 5 others who are friends of MJ via Office Outlook, just to get it on everyone's calendars. We might be complete dorks but this was seriously some of the most fun I've ever had at work.

This is the full spread for the birthday... I brought in all of my MJ paraphernalia including the special surprise guest - the Thriller doll that I bought for $7 on eBay back when I was in college. MJ also got birthday cards from Holly, Deborah, Stephanie and Casey.


Casey's gift to MJ was a boys Little League baseball team. He LOVED it.

Hell yeah, Holly made cupcakes.

No comments: